Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Scene's We'd Like to See

I don't normally watch MSNBC.

But I'm tuning in tonight. I want to see if Keith Olbermann goes Howard Beale on us. You doubtless remember Mr. Beale from the movie, Network:
I would like at this moment to announce that I will be retiring from this program in two weeks' time because of poor ratings. Since this show is the only thing I had going for me in my life, I've decided to kill myself. I'm going to blow my brains out right on this program a week from today. So tune in next Tuesday. That should give the public relations people a week to promote the show. You ought to get a hell of a rating out of that. Fifty share, easy.
I suppose I don't want to see Keith Olbermann actually blow his brains out. But is it churlish of me to relish the thought that he might attempt to chew his own head off his shoulders?

No comments:

Post a Comment