Monday, May 23, 2011

Share the Road, My Ass

Okay, I get the "Ride Your Bike to Work Day" thing. I really do. And I understand that bicyclists have just as much right to use the road as drivers.

But "share the road" doesn't mean "hog the road." A pair of bicyclists doing 12 mph in the middle of winding, one-lane MacArthur Boulevard - where the speed limit is 40, where there is little opportunity to pass (solid double yellow line), and where there is a beautifully-maintained, sparsely-used  bike path running parallel to the road - aren't on the road because that's the best place for them to be. They're doing it because they're allowed to, and everyone else can go screw themselves.

Yeah, I'm talking to you, dipshit

You too, jerkwad.













Okay, bicyclists, if you're not going to use your bike trails, then next time you want one built with my tax money, expect me to raise unholy hell.

Maybe I'll start driving on your bike trail. Hey, share the road, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment